An entertainment lawyer who works with independent film makers, production companies, sales agents, producer representatives, and distributors from development to distribution can guide you away from future pitfalls and help insure that your finished product can be released.This is not a complete list, but considerations for your project should include:
- Entity formation and business structure
- Securing the intellectual property created or acquired through the development process and maintaining the chain of title
- Negotiating and preparing agreements to package your elements, e.g. producers, directors, locations, talent and others
- Protecting your financing structure and legally accepting equity investments
- Memorializing deals between distribution entities and tax incentive authorities
- Preparation of financial agreements for the cash flow of tax incentives, pre-sales, gap financing and completion bonds
Every media project comes with a myriad of concerns and issues. You need the legal and media expertise to complete
your project and have the best chance for success.
Bundle the services you need into a production counsel agreement that covers you from development to completion for a fixed fee. This helps keep your budget under control and avoid many unexpected issues.
Contact your entertainment lawyer today.